The role of the Green Party’s Executive Committee Chair is an important one which I’ve been carrying out since being previously elected in 2018. I also bring years of prior experience running organisations to deliver on important outcomes.
- Co-founder and longtime chair of Sustainable Charlbury, a community organisation that aimed to act on climate change. Our major achievement was to build a 4.5MW solar farm, developed, financed and managed by the community.
- Now chair of the board of Southill Community Energy, a community benefit society which runs the solar farm and distributes its surpluses to environmental projects.
- Active member of West Oxfordshire Green Party and of the Energy Policy and Climate Change Working Groups.
- I have been a member of Charlbury Town Council for 12 years; since the council declared a climate emergency in December 2019 I have been chair of its Environment Working Group, working on several strands which will form the basis of our climate action plan.
- In my professional career, I co-founded and ran a leading European energy markets consultancy, and a wind development company (we developed one of the first onshore UK wind farms in the early 1990s).
- I later worked with the Association of Environment Conscious Building to set up CarbonLite, a training programme for delivering buildings with excellent energy and carbon performance.
I believe Liz has the vision and clarity necessary to take the Green Party forwards. As Chair, her organisational skills and strategic thinking are essential for us to continue making the party more professional, and make the most of every opportunity to promote our bold and radical thinking.
Caroline Lucas, Green Party MP for Brighton and Hove
Liz has been an excellent GPEx chair and I shall certainly vote for her again. I’ve worked with her on the Energy and Climate Change Policy WGs and have found her to be energetic, wise and a natural collaborator.
David Flint, Convener, Climate Change Policy WG at Green Party of England and Wales
Please don’t hesitate to contact me me if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to reply by email.
All members of The Green Party of England and Wales have a vote in the election for Leader, Co-leader, and the Executive.
Promoted and produced by Liz Reason as part of her campaign for re-election to the post of Chair of the Green Party Executive. This is not an official communication from the Green Party of England and Wales.